Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So I'm Blogging (Can I Keep Up This Time?)

Okay, so I’m blogging. Well, as my parenthetical above indicates, I have established yet another blog on yet another hosting site, but time will tell whether I have really committed or not. Anyone who is reading this far needs to tell me they are here so that I have some motivation to keep going. I have actually talked about blogging any number of times, but as my blog name states, I am always looking for a little balance, and I couldn’t decide whether I was going to share my adventures, ideas, whims, thoughts and visuals about my working life or my home life. Sure, “do both!” sounds great, but maintaining two blogs does not (aren’t Facebook, Twitter and Google+ enough to keep us all busy and updated, anyway?). So my response was pretty typical for me: just don’t do either one, take a nap, and see how I felt about it later (you’ll find napping comes up often in my posts, I predict). Later has arrived. In trying to come up with a name for my blog, I think I found the perfect answer: here you will find me trying to find some balance. I am equally passionate about my family and my career, but making time for both is not so easy. I will think and write about both. I am not equally passionate about cookie dough and vegetables, but as a well-educated adult (thank you, www.choosemyplate.gov) I do understand that the scale should be heavier on one side than the other (A tablespoon of cookie dough weighs more than a tablespoon of green peppers, and I get that that I have to eat way more peppers…I just don’t like it). So, those are some of the things you’ll see in here (work, family and food), peppered with some fun and hopefully interesting bits and pieces from the hundreds of other folks I find entertaining and worth sharing. Here we go, and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great start! Keep it up! I am following.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lise! You have continually told me to write...so here I am writing. :)

    ReplyDelete